Monday, June 12, 2006

my boss rocks

Can I just take a moment here to talk about my boss?

My boss rocks.
She is the bomb.
She’s got it goin’ on, giiiiiiirl!

Okay, so first of all, she is way laid back. She doesn’t freak out. She doesn’t lose her temper, she is totally reasonable. Wait a minute. Is it totally strange that I am singing the praises of a boss because she is sane? I have been on a long losing streak of bad managers. Let it be known, the dues have been paid and I can now revel in the rewards.

When I first started working for her, she told me that sometimes (cough, cough, all the time) on Fridays, we close the office at 5 instead of 5:30. LOVE IT.

And then every once in a while, like every other week, say…she’ll tell us: let’s leave at 4:45. It’s such a quiet day.

And just now as she left (she works half an hour earlier and leaves half an hour earlier than we do), she told me that since her boss is out of town today, and it’s been so quiet I could leave early too.

Bless you mxxx for your sanity and coolness. May I have many more bosses like you in my professional future.

(takes so little to make me happy, right?)

No comments: