Sunday, July 30, 2006

m&j

Yesterday was our one-year wedding anniversary.

We celebrated our blessed union with dinner at a fancy-schmancy restaurant in Beverly Hills and a walk in Manhattan Beach after. Dinner was delicious though we were both a little uncomfortable at the restaurant. For a famous and fancy restaurant, the main dining area reminded me of an upscale food court at a high end mall. We had fairly crappy seating squeezed in between two couples that had us annoyed and jealous by turns.

Despite this and our over enthusiastic server, we had a delightful time. I mean, when you get to spend your evening dining with a great looking guy who is also a charming conversationalist how can you go wrong?

I thought about h and how she likes to recognize events in life (birthdays, the ringing in of the new year, anniversaries…). I can hear her asking: What did you learn from this last year? What do you hope for in the upcoming year?

I thought about this in reference to our marriage and here’s what I think:

  • Being married for one year doesn’t feel all that much different than being married for 6 months. This is not necessarily a bad thing, I certainly don’t view it as such.

Hm…I could say more. I could go on and on and extoll the virtues of being married to this guy. (There are many.) I could make you jealous by saying how he’s great because he always does the laundry. (Always. And the groceries too.) I could talk about how he’s wonderful and loving and makes me want to be a better person. (No easy task. Remember who he’s living with.) But I think I need to say no more than this:

  • I am a very lucky girl.
  • My husband rocks.

Happy anniversary babe.

No comments: