Monday, August 28, 2006

the Boston Plan - Revisited

Those of you paying attention might remember that the Boston Plan or at least the Kennys’ part of the Boston Plan was supposed to kick off sometime soon. We are nearing September 1st when m and I get our retention bonuses for staying on after our company got bought out and we were supposed to give our notice to our landlords and pretty much say take a hike to our bosses and hightail it outta here.

Well…

M has been running the numbers again. And this time, his numbers say that if we wait till spring, we might be in a better shape financially for this move. Spring means that many more months of a reliable paycheck. It means that we can get our annual bonuses (which means that the Boston Plan isn’t going to kick in until after March. Oy.). It means that we aren’t moving in a month.

I’m a little disappointed, but I think it’s a sound plan. It also gives me more time to work on some graphic design related things that I have been putting off (and putting off and putting off). Mostly I just need to kick my butt back into gear - I have been so unmotivated lately, it’s driving me crazy! But not that crazy. Cause then I would have to do something about it, and clearly that is not the case.

1 comment:

jean said...

jenn said:

Wow! I think the Portland Plan is on hold as well, for longer than just a few months. More on this later. But I’m just weirded out by the synchronicity of these two delays.

Love you, J

August 28, 2006 @ 2:46 PM



ean said:

TEASE!

August 28, 2006 @ 3:30 PM


jenn said:

Nathan got a job offer he’s super excited about. Here in the SJ region. I think we’re staying for a bit. Hunting for a place we could get a washer/dryer and a cat or two. Yep. I’m a weird mix of excited and disappointed. And as you say, it’s a sound plan. I have a job here I could probably do some more growing in. Sigh.

August 28, 2006 @ 4:16 PM