Monday, March 5, 2007

francesca

Wow, I really like this piece of furniture:

It’s the Francesca chest from Crate and Barrel, I think their link is screwed up because when you click on the photo of the bureau on their site, you can’t find it anywhere. I haven’t run it by m yet to see if it gets a veto for being too feminine for his home, but I’m thinking that this is as close to the frilly girlie boudoir design as I can get without going over the top. I don’t blame the guy for wanting to keep the lace and flowery patterns in check. The way our home is decorated should reflect the style of us both not just me. I’m thinking that clean modern furniture is the happy medium for us two. Although I have enjoyed the warm eclectic style of these two.

Still, I never got to get it out of my system and I guess I am a girlie-girl at heart or at least another neo-classical ornate furniture groupie after all. Chandeliers? Love ‘em. Tufted cushions? Can’t get enough. Victorian wallpapers? Bring it on! And can I just say that the selection of pink and red quilt fabrics at Joann’s are killing me, just killing me. I itch to buy bunches of it, but I don’t know what to DO with them. I have shown what I think is enormous restraint at the fabric store. I don’t mean to alarm anyone, but I’m not sure how much longer this kind of willpower is going to last.

What I need is a little space of my own where I can girl-ify to my heart’s content.

No comments: