Wednesday, February 13, 2008

random

I've been eating a lot of chard. Mostly swiss chard. Last night I got some rainbow chard. I am charmed that it's called La Fraise Arc-en-Ciel in French. Or perhaps that's just in Canadian French. La-voila, mes amis francais, maintenant vous savez le mot en anglais pour la fraise arc-en-ciel. Something about strawberries that I find so charming I suppose...



Such pretty pastel colors.


I'm working on an idea for some aprons.


I got some interest in the tea kettle polka dot apron from a few weeks back (glee! glee! squeal!!).


I wondered if it would be fun to have a few drawings to choose from? Here's the sketch of the tea kettle that I did in illustrator:

I wanted there to be a sense of forward-motion. Like a steam engine locomotive or something. Something on the verge of HAPPENING. I'm happy with the way the tea kettle conveys this. My other two ideas, perhaps not so much.

A little iron rearin' to go?


A cheerful broom?


M (who is one of the best art directors I've worked with) says that the iron and broom, though effective in conveying motion aren't as fun. And he likes that the kettle has a playfulness and is a clean design and represents something a little fun. Sweeping and ironing isn't as fun in his opinion.

I don't know... what do you think?

1 comment:

meteowrite said...

Remember how Brooke used to eat chard? Almost distressing levels of chard?

I'm definitely a fan of the broom. Reminds me a bit of the Sorcerer's Apprentice, from Fantasia. Only your broom is friendlier. Not a scary, fill your house up with water sort of broom at all.