Monday, May 12, 2008

over the weekend

It was kinda lazy around here. We got some chores done, but I dunno, I just felt sort of restless and lame.

One fun thing we did was to go and watch Ironman on Saturday morning.

I didn't know anything about this Marvel character but after hearing about its impressive opening weekend box office grosses and rather favorable ratings, we figured why not? It was fun. Just what you'd expect from a summer blockbuster kick off sort of movie. Lots of things exploding, cool gadgets, swanky lead, Gwyneth Paltrow (I just love her! And I always love how the costume departments dress her), funny lines. If only the bad guy was a little more interesting, it would have been a winner all round. But it was a pleasant way to spend our Saturday morning. There were some fun trailers too for a bunch more fast action explosion movies like the new Batman (I've got a special spot in my heart for this particular comic book hero. Him and Spiderman), another Incredible Hulk with Ed Norton as Dr. Bruce Banner (interesting!), a Will Smith comic book hero movie called Hancock (I don't know anything about this one at all either, but the trailer promised to be interesting) and most importantly: the newest Indiana Jones movie (!!!).

On Sunday there was an Indiana Jones marathon thing going on on the telly and somehow, 6+ hours later I had watched all of them. Whoa. Well, I mean, it's Indiana Jones. And Harrison Ford, and I mean, there were commercial breaks so I got up a few times and maybe washed a few dishes or something. But I mean, it's Indiana Jones. Can you hear the theme song? It's going to be so exciting!

No comments: