Tuesday, August 26, 2008

geeking out on graphic design


We just bought belated wedding gifts (we have till a year from the date of the wedding, right??) for recently married couple Dan and Amy. Dan's an elementary school teacher, but he used to be a rockin' musician (still is actually, just plays to younger crowds during the daylight hours these days). I wish I had seen the ads for these posters before we'd hit "purchase" on the wedding registry. I would have loved to get him these posters. The Keep Calm and Rock On is a play on that posterchild for the designer's poster. And I get a chuckle out of the Verse Verse Chorus... poster alongside it.

The rest of the posters on their site aren't bad. But I think Aesthetic Apparatus and The Small Stakes generally do a better job of this style.

No comments: