Wednesday, April 1, 2009

thank god it's almost 7am

It appears that I have a bout of insomnia. So here is a survey that I am going to answer because it feels like I have all the time in the world. I found it on a new-ish (to me) blog that I have been following called ***abbytryagain***. You should check it out. Her photos are so so pretty.


The rules
Respond and rework - answer the questions on your own blog; replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention; add one more question of your own. Tag eight other un-tagged people.

Survey
-What is your current obsession?
Good obsession: vans. Yep, you read it right. Vans. Especially those cute vintage VW ones. A little banged up is good too. I would sew the sweetest white curtains to go in mine.
Bad obsession: vinyl siding. Seriously, that's the thought I woke up to this morning at 3:30. I really don't like vinyl siding. I'm prepared to make an argument about why they aren't environmentally-friendly.

-Which item from your closet are you wearing most lately?
Hah! I have pretty much one outfit I have been wearing over and over (living on the road is awesome.): Polyester brown, tan and black check trousers that have worn really well considering the crappy fabric + the first clean t-shirt I grab from my duffel bag + oatmeal colored shawl-collar wool sweater for warmth. Poor m must be sick of seeing his wife in the same thing, day in day out.

-What’s for dinner?
That is my homework for the day. After I explore Norwalk and Stamford, CT I must figure out where we will dine. Suggesstions?

-What was the last thing you bought?
Filled up our car with gas yesterday evening. But on a more fun note, I finally got the yarn for this cardi and I am itching to get started.

-What are you listening to right now?
The rattle and whoosh of the motel heater. And in my head, I'm hearing the never ending soundtrack of Arcade Fire's Wake Up. It's stuck and I couldn't be happier about it.

-Say something to the person who tagged you:
She didn't tag me per se, but I saw this on Abby's blog. Abby, we haven't met yet but I found your blog a few months ago and I've been hooked. Your photos are beautiful and have inspired me to pick up my camera more often. I feel sort of dorky and shy about saying this, but I'm trying to get my photos to look like yours and so far I have not succeeded. I probably need a different camera.

-What are you reading right now?
Mostly blogs. I'm in between books and would love any recommendations on a good story to sink my teeth into.

-What four words would you use to describe yourself?
obsessive compulsive thoughtful dreamer

-What is your current guilty pleasure?
mac and cheese

-What will be the first spring thing you do?
I'm sort of new to the 4 seasons thing. I'll have to ask the locals for some good ideas.

-Where are you planning to travel next?
After exploring Stamford and Norwalk, CT I might take the train into NYC (for the first time!) for the day. M and I just finished a big trip driving across the country so we are probably going to stay put for a bit.

-What was the last thing you watched?
A bit of the documentary about our crazy healthcare system on Frontline. It was hard not to get scared and mad.

-What's the next thing (big or small) you want to accomplish?
I'd love to learn a new language. Probably Spanish.


I'm not going to tag anyone in particular. If you feel like doing this survey, leave a comment with a link so I can read what your answers are.

No comments: