Tuesday, March 23, 2010

and also candied walnuts

I used to make these all the time to add to salads. Then I think m asked me not to because they were making an otherwise healthy item (walnuts) unhealthy. He'll probably deny this if asked.

Anyways, I keep forgetting the measurements for each ingredient so here it is for posterity. I really ought to make up a cheat sheet like Amy from angrychicken does with my go to food stuffs.

Candied Walnuts

1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
Large pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups walnut halves

Combine first 4 ingredients in another heavy large skillet. Bring to boil, whisking. Boil 1 minute. Add walnuts; stir. Toss until syrup forms glaze on nuts, about 3 minutes. Transfer nuts to sheet of foil and quickly separate nuts with forks. Cool. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.

No comments: