Thursday, December 20, 2007

beautiful chairs

I saw these via a link from Apartment Therapy. Here are my favorites:



You know, I used to find it odd hearing people describe cars or computers as sexy. But I gotta admit that that was the first word that popped in my head when I saw this beautiful walnut number designed by George Nakashima. Look at that gleaming wood. Mm-mm-mmmmm...


Here's a fun mid-century Wegner chair. I like the lime green upholstery. I would feel like some sort of evil battlestar commander sitting in this chair. I'm sure it would be mighty comfy too.


Wow. This one is just plain cool looking in terms of design. I don't know that I would have it (or a bunch of them for dining table seating purposes) in my home or what, but I really appreciate their aesthetic. And hey let's face it, at $2550 a pop this is not a decision that I will need to struggle with anytime soon.


But these guys... Gosh. I'd really love to have these as my dining chairs. Perhaps with a different colored upholstery. But they seem like a good marriage of comfort and function. M hates the idea of a dining chair where the food crumbs and bits get stuck in between the back and seat of the chair. Wooden chairs (though lovely) don't offer the same kind of comfort as a padded/upholstered seat. This is important for folks like us as we enjoy gathering around the kitchen table for extended periods or lingering after a good meal. Priced at just shy of a grand per chair (ka-ching, ka-ching), another dilemma that I will not be seriously pondering anytime soon.

No comments: