Tuesday, March 11, 2008

happy birthday dude

Today my little brother is 30. THIRTY.

Please call him James.

This is where he works.

For this auspicious occasion, I knit him a very special set of socks. From this pattern.


And baked him some very special cookies.


They were delivered in a special bag that I made just for him. We swapped my sewing skills for his web knowledge.



Pekoe ignored me when I said: dude. get out. the photo shoot is over. (NB: I washed the bag after the photo shoot, and before the cookies were put into it.)


Yes, that is indeed what you think you are seeing on the right corner of the bag. If you click on the link coming up, all will be revealed.

James is a good kid. I am so proud of him. He taught himself a bunch of computer tricks (I believe his resume states that he is a LAMP Developer which he tells me stands for linux apache mysql php - I know I got that wrong somewhere) and then got courted by an up and coming web advertising company to be their web guy. Shazam. What a smart dude! It's been a bit of an uphill battle for him to achieve his career (i.e., no. he did not major in anything to do with computers in college) and he deserves many many accolades and more for all his hard work.


What else to tell you about james?
  • He's a goofy guy with a crazy sense of humor. (Like the day I saw a post on Apartment Therapy about a toilet themed restaurant in Taiwan? I knew he would get a kick out of it.)
  • He's got a sick sweet tooth.
  • He has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
  • He's great with kids.
  • He enjoys entertaining conspiracy theories.
  • He speaks Japanese and Korean.
  • He loves coffee.
  • He's my kid brother and I love him.
  • What a swell guy!

Happy Birthday dude!!!