Monday, April 14, 2008

free patterns

Happy Monday, y'all.

I noticed over the weekend that Marie Claire Idees has a few baby clothes patterns on their blog for free. They just need to be scaled up to size and the scaling percentage is offered on the pattern. I plan to open the pattern in Illustrator to scale it to size then print it tiled. I suppose the pattern could be printed large scale on a copy machine as well. The only downside is that it's all in French and there don't seem to be any instructions. But the patterns seem pretty easy to figure out if you have any sewing experience or have ever used a pattern before. I haven't tried any of the patterns yet, but I'm excited to have something like this at my disposal for all those babies that keep springing up. The sleep sack I think is very cute and will probably get the most use from me:



I would wear this blouse myself. Maybe I could look into making this in an adult size. Minus the duckie pocket.



I don't subscribe to the magazine itself so I'm not sure if this is something to do with their current issue. I tried reading back through previous posts to see if this is some sort of contest or sew-along, but I got nothing. Hey, free pattern. No complaints from me.

No comments: