Tuesday, July 21, 2009

m-walkers

It's nice to be posting craft-related stuff again.

I finished these socks months ago but haven't had a chance to get a good photo of them in until now.

(Yikes. I'm on a PC and the image quality leaves a lot to be desired. I knew that photos are more saturated on a PC - as opposed to how they look on a mac - but yowsers, I didn't realize just how saturated. Get thee to a mac, if you can, to see my images ;)

These socks took forever to knit because they are for m and he would like me to say that it's because he has big manly feet. Which is true, but really his feet are proportional to his height. The dude is over 6 feet tall.

All you knitters out there will recognize them as being the jay-walker pattern from Grumperina. This is my second pair of jay-walkers that I've knit and the pattern does not disappoint. I've been wanting to knit more socks for m. I have this idea in my mind about keeping him (well, all of us really) in handknit socks. It sounds like a lovely idea until I am in my 7th week of knitting the same first sock in fine gauge sock yarn and it feels never-ending. All told m had two pairs of handknit socks from his wife. He requested a pair of argyle socks after he modeled the ones intended for oss-John Green and so of course I must oblige.

In the works are several gift socks, gift sweaters and a pair of jay-walkers for me. I also had this idea of knitting us matching socks. I'm calling mine j-walkers. Heh, heh, heh. NERDFIGHTERS!

More details about the how's and whatnot at my ravelry* page.


*You need to be a member to see this.

No comments: