Tuesday, September 15, 2009

stuffed pork chops


This was from a recipe in the August issue of Gourmet magazine. I got a free copy from work and was inspired to try out pork chops saltimboca. I didn't follow the recipe to the letter. I think that was my mistake. It was just sort of okay. And I didn't cook the chops enough so I had to finagle something at the last minute so we wouldn't be waiting another hour to eat dinner. That never bodes well for the meal.

On the side there is some escarole that I sauteed in lemon and olive oil with a good hunk of rough chopped garlic. Too much lemon juice. Note to self: remember that a quarter of a lemon squeezed is enough lemon juice for such endeavors. Quit trying to get all the juice out of half a lemon. That's too much.

I made this dish about a month ago and kept forgetting to post about it. So now I can't remember what it was that I did wrong or why it tasted just so-so. How lame.

No comments: