Monday, November 23, 2009

I sold a shirt

And it tickles me no end...

So I earlier this year I wanted to make a shirt for m or someone as a gift. It was too complicated to try and figure out how to do a diy version at home so I went with the promotional sites to see what they had to offer. Then I got sucked into hours of setting up an account and designing shirts and picking models to model the shirts and on and on. And when I was done I thought: Hey, I have a bunch of other shirts that I designed a while back. How cool would it be to finally have a product shot of those shirts?? So I loaded them up to my account and picked models and so forth. And then I left them up on the site and sort of forgot about them.

And then on Sunday I got an email from the site saying that I sold a t-shirt. Shazam! Really?

It was one of the shirts I designed for my dad's business. Dad's an 8th degree blackbelt in tae kwon do with his own business and I redesigned his logo and business materials a few years ago.

I'm not sure why this pleases me so much but it does. I do have a few issues with the promo site and their limitations (of course I do) but oh well. I guess sometimes you have to let it go. And now someone out there is wearing one of my dad's shirts. Designed by me. Coolness!

I only wish this site would let me thank my purchaser like the way etsy does. Feels like a kinder and gentler way to run a business that way. Don't you think?

If you're interested in checking out the shirts, you can look here.

And I don't normally promote my business much (much? ever?) on this ole blog, but hey man, what the heck? If anyone from my small number of readers is interested in hiring a graphic designer, I am always interested in putting together a bid for you. T-shirts aren't the only thing I design. My portfolio (designed by me, coded by my talented brother James) is here.

No comments: