Friday, November 13, 2009

out the door

Finally got these out the door!

My aesthetic with sock bands favors handwritten/drawn ones over ones I could design on my computer. It feels right being that the band is encircling handknit goods.

I try to make the cover personal.


I always include care instructions and fibre content.


And with these socks I decided to include some Fun Facts.


Unrelated: I just discovered that blogger has a new post editing template. Fancy-schmancy! I'm still trying to get the hang of it. So far, it is annoying me. Which is strange for a google product. Aren't they supposed to be like Jedi mind readers or something? Doesn't "google" really mean "intuitive?"

Also I want my images to be as big as possible (without getting really obnoxious) and my classic blog template is messing with that. Sigh. The images are getting cut off on the right. Probably has to do with the width constraints of this template. For now you'll have to click on the image to get taken to the full image. Guess I'll have to sit and monkey around with the code for awhile to figure this all out. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

New blog theme? I am digging the new lettering up top - shazaam!

jean said...

Thanks! It's a great font that I found on fontshop. It's called Bradley Initials and I think it's yummy.