Thursday, July 21, 2011


Chicken Breasts with Sauce Supreme.

Here's a dish that I've been making since 2003 (according to my notes). I'd sort of forgotten about it and so it hasn't been a part of my weekly dinner rotation. It's pretty easy to make but does turn out a tasty and rather elegant meal. I served it with steamed broccoli and leftover penne. I would have preferred it over a nice thick noodle like fettucini or pappardelle but in a pinch the penne worked out. I'd think this would also be delicious with the sauce spooned over mashed potatoes. The recipe came from here.

My only changes are that I used chicken cutlets so that the cooking time for the chicken was shorter. Also I feel like the cutlets made for a more tender dish. Also I like mushrooms so I add a whole carton of sliced mushrooms instead of the 1/2 cup the recipe calls for.

PS. Finely chopped onions can be used in the place of shallots - I haven't had much luck in finding organic shallots at my local market.

In unrelated news: I've been hanging out a bit over at pinterest. Their format makes it faster/easier for me to share stuff that I used to do more of over here (graphic design stuff with links and credits, etc.). Come and take a look.

No comments: