Thursday, May 31, 2007

quickie cards

Boy has this been the longest short week ever! Whew!

I've been so busy at work that I haven't been able to organize myself for life outside of the office. It's a wonder that I manage to show up to work with all the right clothings on the right body parts (undies? check. under my pants? check...), you know? One of those weeks.

Hopefully the madness will end soon.

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job location. Did I mention that I got a promotion? Okay, so I guess I am disclosing important-ish info via the blog like I said I wouldn't. But the thing is, I have mixed feelings about the promotion. Too long to get into now, but rest assured that it wasn't so important that I needed to call or email each of you individually to share this news with you.

Since I won't be working with this current staff after tomorrow, I wanted to give them thank you cards and include a few words of gratitude. I like cards. I think hand-writing your thoughts down is a dying tradition that needs to be revived. Who gets snail-mail much anymore? Who takes the time to write out a little thank you or congratulations? I'm pretty lucky having friends who share this sentiment with me, but I feel like when I take the time to write a message in a card, I am doing my part to keeping this tradition alive outside of my circle of friends.

Anyhow, I was too busy to go out and purchase cute cards (I like the collection available at my local Paper Source) so I was forced to throw something together that I think came out rather nicely. And it didn't take as long as I worried it might which is good because I needed this to be easy and I am pretty pooped and wanted a quiet evening at home.

So after a few minutes with some origami paper, scissors, glue-stick and blank card-stock, I made these:

You'll recognize the background as being the chicken fabric that lined the inside of the finger puppets' home.

And since I was on a roll, I made this little cutie using the same formula (on another card stock):

This card will go with the belated mother's day gift that has yet to be completed.

Sigh...

So. Frustrated.

I hate not meeting deadlines.

Anyways, here's a peek at the gift. I just need to add a loop and maybe give it a little wash.

It's a handmade oven mitt and kitchen towel set. I had to scan it instead of photographing it since it's too dark to take any photos with my crappy camera. I so love this fabric and want to make everything out of it (skirts for me, a table-cloth, quilt, throw pillows, bulletin board covers, etc.)

And that's it for this kid. Off to bed now.

No comments: