Monday, May 5, 2008

fibre arts

Holy moly crap-oly! Look at all these amazing examples of fine arts through the medium of fiber (knitted, crocheted, sewn, embroidered). I'm so inspired!

From The Thread as the Line: Contemporary Sewn Art exhibit at the Eclipse Art Center in Virginia.


Images via Caroline Hwang. See her blog or the Elipse Art Center website for more info.


Crochet Coral Reef Exhibition at the Institute for Figuring. I think I might have blogged about this before. Or at least I know I've seen mention of this exhibit before. Sadly, I didn't realise that this traveling exhibit came to my neck of the woods last year(!).


Images via Institute for Figuring.



And the in-store decor of a retail shop in New York called LP&P.

That would be an entire wall of a hand knit. Whoa.

Though I wouldn't want this for my home (just imagine the upkeep and maintenance!) I love that it exists out there. I wonder who they commissioned to dream up this thing? And who executed the knit? It must have been a joint venture.

Images from LP&P website via fpgirl from the Free People Clothing Boutique blog.

No comments: