Thursday, May 28, 2009

persimmon

I was thrilled when my friend Janet asked me to knit her a scarf. I love knitting for my friends!

"Nothing fancy," she said, "Just something to keep me warm during clinic." We discussed color (she actually didn't choose from her usual selection of shades that resemble mud, bruise and shadow) settling on a shade that we both determined was "persimmon" and fibre (something soft, but not itchy, i.e., too fuzzy) and I set off to the yarn store. Over a month ago.

This scarf took much too long to get made. I got all excited and wanted to knit something elaborate with this beautiful luscious yarn. After ripping out a few false starts I decided to go back to the original idea of simple. And this lovely little garter stitch scarf was born.

Perfect for keeping her warm during clinic. Or wearing while sitting in your New England apartment window with a cup of tea.

No comments: